Cyprus is one of Europe’s leading destinations for weddings, blessings and honeymoons, and is famed for its wonderful climate, beautiful scenery and myriad of options for venues, ceremonies and celebrations. From sundrenched vows and sacred ceremonies to newlywed adventures, Aphrodite’s island is love personified.
There are so many reasons why Cyprus wins the heart of couples wishing to marry abroad, including:
- Short flying time from all European countries.
- Significantly lower costs compared to marrying in other countries.
- Simple marriage formalities with worldwide legality.
- Wedding certificate given at the ceremony on the same day.
- Ease of last minute arrangements.
- English widely spoken.
- Stunning variety of different wedding venues including beaches, yachts, castles, museums, wineries and traditional villages.
- A range of bespoke, themed and packaged weddings all available on the island. Traditional Cypriot village weddings that follow the local customs available for something different and unique.
- Beautiful beaches with crystal clear waters.
- Fantastic climate with warm, sunny days throughout the year.
- Location provides a combination of wedding, blessing and/or renewal of vows with holidays and honeymoon.
- Highly experienced and professional municipal wedding officers available to help you plan your event to suit both your vision and your budget.
- Highly experienced and professional wedding planners available, with a specialisation in beautiful bespoke weddings.
- A wide range of accommodation to suit all budgets from 5-star resorts to self-catering apartments.
- Family and friends can combine wedding with a holiday.
- Delicious Mediterranean cuisine.
- Warm and welcoming culture.
- Cyprus widely recognized as the ‘Island of Love’ identifying brides with the Goddess of Love and Beauty, Aphrodite, who was born on the island.
- Diverse activities including: water sports, golf, sailing, horse riding, walking, cycling and even skiing and snowboarding in winter.
Municipality and Religious Wedding Venues
All towns and cities in Cyprus have their own Municipal Offices where you can acquire your Marriage License and, if you are planning a civil ceremony, get married. If you prefer a religious ceremony, you must first apply for your Marriage License at the Municipal Offices, and then make arrangements for the ceremony to take place at the religious venue of your choice. Click on the links for a full list of Municipal Offices and Religious venues.
|General Info Weddings Blessings Honeymoon
|Perfect Honeymoons in Cyprus
|Weddings on an Authentic ‘Island of Love’